Delhi University is one of the best and premier educational hubs of the nation. It has currently more than 86 departments, 16 faculties, more than 91 colleges and 5 other associated teaching institutions based in the national capital. The university offers many courses and programs under undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Apart from these courses, the institutions also provide online teaching and learning platforms with mandatory resources. Also Read : Top 10 DU Colleges: NIRF Ranking 2021
The web portal is completely compatible for the students as they can easily take admission and resources using the official website. There, students can get smart dedicated tabs for each activity, department and college. The Delhi University has released the cut-off list for various phases of admission to UG and PG courses. The special cut-off list for phase 3 for the admission cycle of 2021-2022 was released by the University on December 3.
On Nov 24, the cut-off for special drive phase 2 was released by the university. The varsity has also released the NCWEB admission cut-off list on October 29. The 5th cut-off list for NCWEB admissions is also released by the university. The admission process for this round will start on December 10, 2021.
This year, the University of Delhi has released a total of 5 cut-off lists for admission to various UG courses with three special drives. You can get the latest updates using the official website of Delhi University. However, St. Stephen college has its own cut-off lists and admission procedure in which the students need to undergo interview rounds too for every program.
Vision and Mission of the University
The university is an internationally acclaimed institution that is widely known for its rich education culture in teaching, outreach and research. The main vision of the institution is to provide high-quality education to the students and act as a catalyst in shaping the future of the students for a sustainable future. It acts as a bridge between experienced academics and students as a whole.
The main and prominent objective of the institution is to provide all-round development to the students of the university through a multi-faceted education and sustained engagement with local, national and global communities. It also encourages and nurtures lifelong learners to get the necessary knowledge in their field of study to become world leaders.
Guidelines for UG Merit-based Admission 2021-2022 Session
The university has released the admission guidelines for admission to various UG courses. According to the university, about 5 cut-off lists will be released including one special cut-off (after 3rd). The institution may release further cut-off lists if seats are vacant after the 5th cut-off mark.
Guidelines related to UG admission are mentioned below:
- Candidates are requested to visit the schedule of declaration of cut-offs released by the university on its official website (uod.ac.in).
- Students must check their minimum eligibility/marks/percentage with very care. They need to refer to the bulletin of information for eligibility in order to calculate the best four/three subjects as notified by the University of Delhi.
- When applying for a cut-off admission schedule, students must ensure and cross-check that his/her best four subject aggregate falls in the particular/declared cut-off or not.
- The candidates are allowed to select only one course and college during a specific cut-off. Multiple selections of college or courses are not allowed.
- The change in program or college is not allowed during a specific cut-off.
- No Physical visit to the college or department is allowed as selection or course or college will be made right from the dashboard of the candidate.
- The complete process of selection of the course and college by the student must be finished in the stipulated time limit or interval of the particular cut-off admission.
Also Read : Is Delhi University (DU) Good For BCom?
Release of Admission Cut Off Lists by the College and University
The University prepares a cut-off list on the basis of the best four marks of the candidates in their class 12th examination. The cut-off lists are made only for merit-based admissions. In the process of releasing admission cut-off lists, the constituent colleges first release their respective list on their official portal.
Later, the University of Delhi releases the final cut-off as the consolidated minimum required marks in the particular subject in various phases for the programs in Science, Arts and Commerce stream. In case you want to check the details regarding the admission procedure and cut-off list, then visit the official website of Delhi University.
Delhi University Cut Off 2021: Prominent Points to Keep in Mind
- The marks in the cut-off lists may vary from one course to another as per the preference of the students or the category in which they belong.
- The colleges and departments of Delhi University release cut-off lists first and then a complete, final and consolidated list is released by the university before the commencement of every phase of admission.
- The marks and the required percentage is based on the aggregate marks achieved by the student in his/her best four subjects.
- The University’s cut off list 2021 is released for admission to about 69,554 seats in total across more than 64 colleges and associated departments.
Cut Off Schedule for Taking Admission to Various UG Programs
University of Delhi releases cut-off lists every year for the admission to various UG programs. Students are advised to visit the official portal of Delhi University that is du.ac.in and individual websites of the colleges to know the latest updates during the admission cycle of the university. Also Read : Sol Admission last date 2021
The schedule of cut-off marks for various UG and PG level admissions in the University of Delhi are mentioned below:
First Cut-Off: Oct 1, 2021 (Friday)
- Admission Date: October 04- Oct 06, 2021
- Last date of payment of the fee for 1st cut off: Oct 08th, 2021
Second Cut-Off: 09 Oct 2021 (Saturday)
- Admission Date: Oct 11 – 13 October 2021
- Last date of payment of a fee for 2nd Cut-offs: October 15, 2021
Third Cut-Off: 16th of October, 2021
- Admission Date: Oct 18 – 21
- Last date of payment of a fee for 3rd cut-offs: 23rd October 2021
Special Cut-Off: 25th of October, 2021
- Admission Dates: 26-27 October 2021
- Last date of fee payment: 29th October 2021
Fourth Cut-Off: October 30th 2021
- Admission dates: November 1-2
- Last date of fee payment: 6th November 2021
Fifth Cut-Off: November 08, 2021
- Admission dates: November 9 – November 10, 2021
- Last date of fee payment: November 12, 2021
Special Drive: November 13, 2021
- Date of Admission: 14 – 15 November 2021
- Last Date of Fee payment: 16th November 2021
Special Drive 2nd: 24th November 2021
- Admission dates: November 25 – 26
Special Drive 3: December 3, 2021 (Friday)
- Date of Admission: December 04 – December 05
Note: The special drive cut-off list is released on the basis of the availability of seats after a limited period of admission to various programs.
On the home page of Delhi university, you will get the link related to special drive admission, application guidelines, notice regarding UG merit based admission and more. Also Read : Is DU Good For MCA? MCA Ultimate Guide 2021-22
University of Delhi’s NCWEB 5th Cut-Off List Released
The cut-off list for the 5th round has been released for admission to the Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board on December 08, 2021. Desirous female candidates can easily check the same using the official portal of Delhi University that is du.ac.in.
The admission procedure will start on December 10, 2021. This consolidated list is released for various programs and courses in arts and commerce streams. Candidates can get more information regarding the admission procedure for NCWEB’s 5th cut-off using the official portal of Delhi University that is du.ac.in.
The candidate must check the eligibility first and then register for the desired course. The first, second, third and fourth cut-off lists were released on Oct 29, Nov 08, Nov 15, and Dec 1, 2021. According to the official release of the university, admission is expected to start from the upcoming Friday, December 10, 2021.
Steps to Download DU NCWEB 5th Cut-Off List
In case, you want to download the cut-off list for the admission cycle 2021-2022, then follow these steps:
- First and foremost, navigate to the official website of Delhi University that is du.ac.in.
- Then, hit the Notices section from the home screen.
- After that, press the “Press Release- Fifth Cut Off List 2021 – NCWEB.”
- You may hit the direct link too for moving directly to the 5th cut-off list for NCWEB admission that is “Delhi University NCWEB 5th Cut-Off list.”
- Now, check and download the PDF files in order to check the cut-offs for BCom and BA programmes.
- Also, it is advised to take a printout of the particular cut off lust for your future reference.
Note: Candidates are required to check the individual college cut off lists for NCWEB Admission.
The University of Delhi Expected cut Off List
The expected cut-off list is based on the results and data from the previous year cut off released by the university. It provides an idea to the students before the release of the cut-off marks for the 2021-2022 session. If you also want the previous year cut-off list to analyse this year list, then visit the official webpage of Delhi University.
Factor That Affects University of Delhi’s Cut-Off 2021
Students who want to take admission to Delhi University on the basis of their respective score or merit, need to know the important factors that affect DU regular college cut-off for their desired program of study. There are some points that every university takes into account for preparing a cut-off list.
Check these points to know the affecting factors:
- Best Four Subjects: marks of the best-four subjects of class 12th examination are taken into consideration.
- Programme of Study: It is another important factor that determines the cut-off marks for the particular admission cycle. It’s the program in which the candidate wants to seek admission.
- A total number of available seats: The total number of seats available in the particular college or department released by the university is one of the most important factors for preparing cut-off marks.
- Number of Applicants: Total number of students applied for the particular program or course of study determines and affects the cut-off criteria for the particular admission cycle. The college or university of Delhi records every student enrolled in the course. It also depends on the popularity of the course too.
DU UG Admission Courses
The University of Delhi provides UG courses in many disciplines. The complete list of offering programs and courses are mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Arts: BA (Honours)||Bachelor of Science (Honours)- BSc (H)|
|BA Geography||BA Sociology||BSc Botany||BSc Statistics|
|BA French||BA Urdu||BSc Electronics||BSc Zoology|
|BA German||BA Spanish||BSc Bio-Chemistry||BSc Home Science|
|BA Hindi||BA Punjabi||BSc Physics||BSc Microbiology|
|BA English||BA Sanskrit||BSc Chemistry||BSc Instrumentation|
|BA History||BA Political Science||BSc Computer Science||BSc Mathematics|
|BA Economics||BA Social Work||BSc Food Technology||BSc Polymer Science|
|BA Bengali||BA Persian||BSc Geology||—|
|BA Italian||BA Journalism||BSc instrumentation||—|
|BA Hindi Patrakarita||BA Psychology||—||—|
|BA Arabic||BA Applied Psychology||—||—|
|Bachelor of Science (Program/Pass) – BSc (P)|
|BSc Applied life Science|
|BSc Mathematical Science|
|BSc Physical Science and Electronics|
|BSc Applied Physical Sciences with Industrial Chemistry|
|BSc Physical Sciences with Chemistry|
|BSc Life Science|
|BSc Home Science|
|BSc Physical Science with Computer Science|
|BA Vocational Studies||B.Voc Courses|
|BA Human Resource Management||Banking Operations|
|BA Marketing Management and Retail Business||Printing Technology|
|BA Material Management||Web Designing|
|BA Office Management and Secretarial Practice||Health Care Management|
|BA Tourism Management||Retail Management and IT|
|BA Small and Medium Enterprises||Software Development|
|BA management and Marketing Insurance||—|
Bachelor of Arts Program – BA (P)
- B.A (Program)
Bachelor of Commerce
- BCom (H)
- BCom (Prog)
UG Programs Based on Entrance Test
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – BA (H)||Management and Business Administration|
|BA Social Sciences and Humanities||Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)|
|BA Mass Communication and Multimedia||BA Business Economics|
|BA Hindustani Music: Vocal/ Instrumental||BBA in Financial Investment Analysis|
|BA Karnatak Music||—|
|BA Hindustani Music||—|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
Bachelor of Science
- B.Sc in Health Education, Physical Education and Sports (BSc HE, PE and S)
Bachelor of Technology
- BTech in Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations
Five Year Integrated Course
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Orthotics and Prosthetics
Note: Students must check the eligibility conditions before taking admission to the particular program. Because the university only permits those who have valid certifications and knowledge for the particular course. If at any stage, the information is found false, the candidature may be rejected.
All the computer-enabled courses are conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). You can easily visit the website of NTA right from the portal of Delhi University.
Admission Procedure for DU UG Admission After Cut-Off list
It becomes an imperative task for all the students who want to take admission in their desired UG program. Once the DU cut-off is released for the specific year of the admission cycle, students start thinking regarding the admission procedure. In case you don’t know what to do next after checking the cut-off list and the required percentage of marks, follow these steps to know the step by step procedure:
- The first step is to check the possibilities of admission in the colleges or department where their score or marks falls according to their respective course of study, and category.
- Then, they need to log on to the admission portal of Delhi University and then choose the desired course or program. Also, do they also need to check the availability of seats in their desired college or not?
- After selecting the course of study and college, students are required to visit the respective college and then share their unique student ID or registration number with their teacher in charge and get their documents verified.
Note: In case you want to check the list of colleges/institutions, then you can easily do so using the College tab available on the homepage of Delhi university. Similarly, students can check the eligibility, UG and PG program details, ECA admission, CW Admissions, Cut-Off schedule, Notices, Announcement etc using the dedicated tab or option.
List of Documents for the Verification Purpose
There are many documents a student needs to carry with them at the time of admission in their allotted college or course. Let’s know the list of documents below:
- Marksheet is related to class 10th and 12th examination.
- Class 10th certificate for age verification.
- Provisional certificate of class 12th in case of unavailability of the original.
- Two passport size photograph with white background
- Migration certificate in case the student belongs to any other state
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate
- Next, you need to pay the course fee specified by Delhi University on its official portal. You will get the information related to fee submission at the counter of fee submission.
In case you want to know the course-wise structure of the fee, visit the official prospectus for UG admission or hit the Fee section of the portal.
Change of College/Course
In case, you want to change your existing/selected course or college to a new one, then follow these provided steps:
- First and foremost, cancel your existing admission and then pay the withdrawal charges to Delhi University’s college in which your admission was fixed.
- Now, take a hard copy of the admission cancellation fee and then submit the same to the new college in which you want to take admission. Withdraw your original certificate from the college to which you were admitted.
- Now, fill the application form for the new college with all the necessary details.
- After that, pay the requisite fee mentioned on the website of Delhi University.