Delhi University (DU) is a prestigious university that offers undergraduate and post-graduation courses in various Bachelor as well as Masters’s programs and honors degree courses. Delhi University has been rated among the top universities that impart quality of education to their pursuing students.
Also Read : DU SOL BA Programme.
The university of Delhi attracts lakes of students for taking admission in their UG or PG courses every year. DU is the center of students and faculty from diverse educational backgrounds. Students from across India and abroad take admission to the University of Delhi for their graduation or higher education.
The University of Delhi set the cutoff percentage to take admission in the university’s colleges. The DU admission procedure is conducted through the online registration process and when the cutoff will be notified or released for various undergraduate courses only then the student can take admission.
Bachelors in Arts is a three-year undergraduate course that is consists of six equal semesters. The BA in Arts studies the core, honors courses of a particular specialization at the UG level. The specialization of courses gives you the in-depth knowledge of a selected bachelor’s programme in their graduation studies.
Delhi University Bachelors in Arts (BA) Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants who are seeking their seat in the various BA Honours or Programme courses can follow or cross these below-mentioned eligibility criteria for taking admission to Delhi University.
- In order to pursue undergraduate courses from Delhi University, candidates must have completed their 12th board from an equivalent and recognized board of education.
- There is a minimum no age limit required to pursue B.A programmes from Delhi University.
- Candidates belonging from any reserved or non-reserved categories can apply to the various courses offered by the DU.
- Students must qualify the eligibility percentage criteria to cross the cutoff percentage marks for respective UG degree courses.
- Candidates are advised to score a good percentage or above 50%-60% marks to take admission in Delhi University’s regular colleges.
- Candidates must follow the best of four percentage criteria to take admission in BA courses.
- Delhi University offers 20 plus regular honours courses and other degree programmes at the undergraduate level.
Also Read : du sol admission 2023
Campus DU Colleges
The University of Delhi so far has 90 affiliations, constitute with the authorized and recognized colleges. The Delhi University has two main campuses namely as, North Campus and South Campus and other various zoned colleges.
Colleges that are in North Campus:
The below-mentioned colleges are much more popular than the rest of the colleges in North Campus.
- Hindu College
- St Stephen’s College
- Shri Ram College of Commerce
- Ramjas College
- Hansraj College
- Miranda House
- Kirori Mal College
- Daulat Ram College
- Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
Colleges that are in South Campus:
The below-mentioned colleges are on the south campus that is near the Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus metro station. The South campus has a huge diversity of colleges such as:
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR)
- Gargi College
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC)
- Kamala Nehru College
- College of Vocational Studies (CVS)
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD)
- Maitreyi College
These colleges of Delhi University offer the study of undergraduate degree courses and the quality of education to their students who are planning to continue to study at the UG level, after qualifying/clearing their 12th board from a recognized university board of education. These offered DU courses are being regulated by their respective departments.
The department is the backbone of any course. It provides the whole system of curriculum, activities, internal assessment, and much more facilities that are managed by the department of the particular BA course. Also Read : DU Alternative
Undergraduate Degree Programmes Offered by University of Delhi
These are the bachelor’s honours and B. A programmes courses that are provided by the University of Delhi under affiliated colleges or institutes. More than 20 plus BA courses are staged by the university to their aspirants/ fresher students.
Bachelors in Arts (Honours and Programmes) Courses:
|BA (Hons) English||BA (Hons) Arabic||BA (Hons) Bengali|
|BA (Hons) Economics||BA (Hons) Business Economics (BBE)||BA (Hons) Applied Psychology|
|BA (Hons) Hindi||BA (Hons) Geography||BA (Hons) German|
|BA (Hons) Political Science||BA (Hons) Psychology||BA (Hons) Patrakarita Evam Jansanchar|
|BA (Hons) Journalism||BA (Hons) Persian||BA (Hons) Music|
|BA (Hons) Hindi Journalism and Mass Communication||BA (Hons) Philosophy||BA (Hons) Italian|
|BA (Hons) History||BA (Hons) Punjabi||BA (Hons) Urdu|
|BA (Hons) Social Work||BA (Hons) Sanskrit||BA (Hons) Spanish|
|BA (Hons) Sociology||BA (Hons) French||BA (Hons)|
|Other Bachelor of Arts (BA) courses in the elective or vocational degree courses:|
|BA Programme||BA Vocational Studies||B.Ed Home Science|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)||BA Functional Hindi||B El Ed|
|BLIS||BP.Ed||B.Ed Special Education MR|
Other than that, Delhi University also provides undergraduate three-year degree courses in the field of Science and Commerce which are known as Bachelor of Science (Hons) courses and Bachelor of Commerce.
How To Apply in DU BA (Honours or Programme Courses):
To apply to the Delhi University for BA courses a student will follow the below-mentioned steps to apply in Delhi University’s courses.
- If you had made your mind to selecting your UG course specialization, before that it is advised to check the eligibility criteria of that particular UG degree course.
- Browse to the DU official web portal (http://www.du.ac.in/ )
- Fill the registration part with updating your basic credentials (name, email id, contact number and etc)
- And create your id and password for the student profile.
- Once you had completed the registration part, a student can receive the confirmation SMA or mail on their given contact details.
- Now a student can proceed to fill their application admission form, which a student can find on the second part of the application form.
- Here in this part of the application form, a student needs to fill in the personal, academic, address, qualification details or etc.
- Then a student will upload their respective required documents, certificates, photographs, ID proofs, caste certificate, or any other required document mentioned on the official website of Delhi University.
- Lastly, students can submit their course application fees through online modes of transaction such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- Submit the application form
- Save the copy of the confirmation of admission application slip/PDF file, for future references.
Students can visit regularly at the official website of Delhi University to check the regular updates, News, or any such relevant information about the courses, department or etc.
Also Read : DU Sol Admission Help
DU BA Calculation Marks of Best Four Subjects
The calculation of Best of Four Marks of the University of Delhi. This method of taking admission in the University of Delhi’s Undergraduate course is set by the university of the admission committee. The criteria of best of four marks have brought the picture to provide the admission seats to the aspirants through the merit-based admission procedure into various UG programmes.
The DU best of four subject calculation of marks is a little confusing for the aspirants sometimes. They might are not aware of the calculator process and which subject they need to add-on in their best of four calculations. Points you can remember while calculation the best of four marks to take admission in Delhi University.
- Add on language subject (core/elective/functional)
- One core subject in which they are taking admission and being sought for (main specialization)
- Two academic/elective subjects
For instance, if a candidate wants to take admission in a particular B. A Hons programme. Then the honours subject specialization must be included in the rest of three subjects that a student had chosen for the best of four calculations, else there will a deduction of 2.5% marks from the total of Best of Four aggregate subject marks. Then students can apply for their selected course by crossing the eligibility cutoff marks of a particular course.
⭐How a student can apply for Delhi University BA (honours) courses admissions?
Candidates need to visit at the official web portal of Delhi University to fill the application form for a particular course in the choice of their selected Undergraduate course.
⭐What is the age limit to apply in Delhi University BA courses?
There is no age limit set by the University of Delhi for aspiring students to take admission in the University regular or non-regular colleges. Students of any age can apply in DU, they just need to cross the eligibility percentage criteria set by the University of Delhi admission committee.
⭐In which mode a student can submit their application course fee?
The DU B. A Programme or Honors application course fee can be submitted through online modes of translation such as Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card).