Delhi University is known for its quality of education, faculty, and the overall growth of a student which he/she can use in their personal practical life as well. One of the popular courses the Delhi University provides is Bachelor of Commerce. The B.com course is offered in two different modes such as B.com (Honors) and B.com (Programme). Every year thousands of students take admission to this marginal course.
Also Read: DU SOL Distance B.Com
The B.Com course is managed by the department of commerce, as this department is constituent and designed to empower students with the necessary relevant knowledge, abilities, and skills to analyse the contemporary realities of the financial, banking sector of the business world.
The B.Com course aims at instilling the concepts and the practical knowledge to be equipped by the students to manage the organisations, business and prepares students to dive and face the challenge of tomorrow’s financial world. The course encourages the aspirants and students to explore the industry of policymakers, to further map out in cultivating entrepreneurial skills and mindset.
To take admission in Delhi University, Bachelors in Commerce Honors or Programme, a student needs to go through to the cutoff eligibility criteria which is set by the commerce undergraduate admission committee. This merit-based criterion is set for the UG bachelor courses. The Delhi University provides or opens their admission for respective UG courses of Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) every year with a definite eligibility procedure. Aspirants need to fulfill that set procedure of the B.Com course.
If you pop up with different questions such as, how to take admission in Delhi University’s B.com course, or what is the eligibility procedure set by the university admission committee, or other relevant questions about the B.Com course. Then you don’t need to worry about the questions, we are here for you to answer each question and clear all doubts through this Delhi University B.com guide about the admission.
Eligibility Criteria of Delhi University B.Com Course:
The eligibility criteria refers to the basic requirements to take admission in the Delhi University B.com course that needed to be fulfilled by the aspirants for admission in the course through the merit list (cutoff list) method in the DU B.com course.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Aspirants should have passed their 12th board with a good qualifying percentage.
- Students from any foreign country must have passed the 10+2 education system.
- Students have to clear all the 12th board subjects individually with an aggregate of 50% or above marks.
- There is no age limit set by the University of Delhi to take admission in the B.Com course. Candidates of any age can apply to DU, they just need to pass the eligibility percentage criteria that is set by the university admission committee.
- It should be noted that the eligibility percentage criteria can be varied year to year.
- Students who belong to any reserved or unreserved categories can apply in this B.Com Honours and Programme course.
- Students have to study and pass Mathematics, Business Management and Accounts.
- Candidates would be selected or being judged by the students’ obtained marks on the 12th board.
- If the candidates haven’t fulfilled the passing cut-off eligibility criteria, name as “Best of Four” subjects, then they will not be granted to take admission to the Delhi University, Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) course.
How To Calculate Best of Four Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of best of four percentage is set by the University of Delhi for all the bachelor’s Honors and Programme courses. Students have to keep these below-mentioned points while applying in the DU undergraduate courses.
- An average of 50% of the above percentage marks are required to take admission in DU’ B.Com course.
- Students need to include and study one language and three best main subjects as per the following; Mathematics, Accountancy, Economics, with the commerce background.
- One Hindi/English/ other national language is compulsory to study in the 12th board.
- A total percentage of 40% or above marks are required with the combination of one language and these three core and elective subjects in the calculation of the best of 4 marks to take admission in Delhi University B.com courses.
- 1% of subject marks would be deducted, if a student will include any other subject from the B list apart from the mentioned written subjects in the combination of calculation of the best of three, will face the deduction of percentage in their whole aggregate percentage of 12th boards.
- If a candidate will include or apply from the other stream (Science and Arts), will face the deduction of 2.5% per subject in the calculation of the best four eligibility criteria.
It is advised to the students to follow the best of four eligibility criteria to take admission in the Delhi University’s Bachelors of Commerce course.
Also Read: Sol Admission Last Date 2023
Delhi University B.Com Courses Details
The University of Delhi offers two different B.com courses the one is B.Com (Honors) and the second one is B.Com (Programme). No such difference is there in the curriculum, internal assessments, and other things. The only difference is, a student can apply with math and without math studied in their 12th boards. The B.com (Honors) or (Programme) course teaches a student ins and outs of the commerce subject which gives you an in-depth knowledge of the commerce, banking, taxation, financial sector.
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Combination of Best of Four|
|B.Com (Honours)||Only 50% or above aggregate marks in the 12th board qualifying marks are required.||
Delhi University B.Com Previous Year Cutoff List
Through this previous year’s cutoff list, a student will get little idea about the percentage marks they need to require in their 12th board qualifying marks. These are the best commerce Delhi University College, that offers an excellent quality of education in the field of B.com
|College Name||Course (B.Com Honors / B.Com Programme)||Cut off Percentage|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)||B.Com (H)||99.5%|
|Hansraj College||B.Com (H)||98.25%|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||B.Com (P)||98%|
|Hindu College||B.Com (H)||98.05%|
|Ramjas College||B.Com (P)||98.25%|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce||B.Com (P)||97%|
|Shri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||B.Com (P)||96%|
Documents Required At The Time Of Filling The Application Form
Students can prepare the file of these mentioned documents, which you need at the time of filling the admission application form of DU B.com form.
- Current passport size photograph in the JPEG/JPG format without exceeding the size of 50 KB and dimensions of 2×2 inches)
- Students signature in the JPEG/JPG format without exceeding the size of 50 KB and dimensions of 2×2 inches)
- Self-attested 10th board mark sheet and the passing certificate size not be exceeded to 150 KB)
- Self-attested 12th board mark sheet and the passing certificate size not be exceeded to 150 KB)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS) should not be exceeded to 150 KB
- Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) certificate (if applicable through this entry)
- Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate, and Character Certificate ( in a prescribed format)
- Update valid email id and contact number
- Identity Proofs (Adhara Card/ Voter Id, Driving license)
All these above-mentioned documents should be uploaded in a prescribed format which a student can see at the official web portal of the University of Delhi. A scanned copy of original all documents should be uploaded in the documents required column of the Admission portal.
What Are The Job opportunities After B.Com Course?
After completion, the B.com (honours and program) a student can apply at the higher positions in big MNCs, the Corporate world as well as in the Government sector. Below are mentioned some of the job opportunities and can do after completion of the B.com course.
- Chartered Accountancy
- Certified Management Accountant
- Us Certified Public Accounting
- Pursue M.Com (Master of Commerce
- Pursue MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
- Apply to be seated in commerce-based competitive exams in the government sector.
Also Read : Du Sol B.Com Admission Procedure.
Delhi University Semester B.Com Syllabus:
Bachelors of Commerce is a three-year undergraduate course that is divided into six- equal semesters. Only after the completion of the 12th board, a student is eligible to take admission in this undergraduate commerce course. The course with teach a student the knowledge of different commerce fields such as Banking, Investment, Equity Research, Foreign Trade Practices, Auditing, Costing, and much more area of commerce based sectors.
This program is mapped out in a different way to develop the student’s business, and other related sectors an acumen, to deal with any of the business with a new set of skills, financial skills, and analytics. This professional career-oriented bachelor’s degree programme provides a study of commerce field.
Below mentioned tabulate will show a student that they need to study these subject papers all in their 3-year undergraduate degree course. In the first year, a student will study the subjects of 1st & 2nd Semesters.
In the second year of college, a student will study the subjects which are mentioned in the column of 3rd and 4th Semesters.
In the last (final) year a student will study the subjects which are mentioned in 5th & 6th Semesters.
First Year Subjects:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Second Year Subjects:
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
Third (Final) Year Subjects:
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
Students needed to be study these above-mentioned subjects in the B.Com course and also the elective subjects in their semester examinations.
It is recommended that a student need to visit at the official web portal of Delhi University to check the regular updates about admission in the Delhi University’s Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) course.
Also Read : DU SOL Alternative
⭐ What are the subjects a student needs to add for the B.com course admission?
Students need to add one language and three commerce academic subjects to calculate the combination of Best of Four Percentage marks.
⭐ Which are the best colleges that offer B.com courses in DU?
Here are the top 7 Delhi University Colleges which are best for B.Com (Honours and Programme) course are,
- Shri Ram College of Commerce
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Hindu College
- Hansraj College
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
⭐ Scope after completion of this B.com course from DU?
A student can get many opportunities in the private, MNCs, NGOs, and Government departments as well.