Delhi University’s School of Open Learning offers many courses at UG and PG levels. The institution is renowned for providing quality and rich education to the students of the country and abroad. DU SOL provides Online MCom too apart from Distance MCom and other PG programs. The complete procedure for taking admission to DU SOL Online MCom is internet-based as you don’t need to visit the university to attend classes. All the classes and course materials are available online. It means all the resources related to Online MCom are available right on your doorstep.
What is the DU SOL MCom/ DU SOL Master of Commerce Program?
MCom is the most demanding program in India and abroad as it provides many career options to the students. The amalgamation of online education makes study very easy and affordable as online courses are low in fees. DU SOL Online MCom is offered under PG courses with two years of duration. However, for any reason if you failed to complete the course in that minimum time duration, you can complete the same in five years as three years additional relaxation is provided by the University of Delhi for all the students.
In the DU SOL MCom course, you need to read various subjects like Managerial Accounting, Economic Analysis, Organizational Theory and Behaviour, Financial Management and Policy, Business Environment, Strategic Management, International Business, Human Resource Management and so on.
Online MCom in DU SOL is offered in four semesters and you need to complete all the semester with required papers and topics.
After completing the course, you can easily go for various job opportunities like:
- Finance Executive
- Junior or senior accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Marketing Manager
- Investment Banker
- Finance Consultant
- Insurance Agent
- Banking Executive etc.
You need to submit your project reports and assignments online using the assignment submission portal of PG admission. The eligibility for taking admission to the program can be checked from the official website of the university. The admission is done by the university through two different modes:
- Entrance based admission
- Direct and merit-based admission
For more details regarding fee structure and admission procedure, stick to this post.
DU SOL Online MCom Course Details
|Name of the University:||The School of Open Learning, University of Delhi|
|Full-Form:||Master of Commerce|
|Course Duration:||Minimum Duration is 2 years and the maximum is 5|
|Age limit:||No age limit specified|
|Minimum eligibility:||Graduation degree in Commerce|
|Fee for the Course:||15,000 INR for two years|
|Average Salary:||The average salary offered by companies after completing the course is 4.2 lakhs.|
How to Get Admission to MCom in DU SOL for 2021-2022?
Interested students should check the official news or admission guidelines displayed on the official website of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning to check the eligibility criteria. Next comes the admission procedure. You can take admission to DU SOL Online MCom using the DU SOL web link that is sol.du.ac.in. students need to follow these steps to get themselves registered:
- First of all, visit the official web portal.
- Then, hit the PG admission portal. Ensure that the admission portal is active or not.
- Now, tap the New Registration link there. Here, you need to fill in your mandatory details with care.
- Type your email and verify the same.
- Next, input your phone number there.
- A user ID and password will be sent by the university after some time. The same will be shown on your computer screen. Save the same for filling the application form.
- Now, go to the part 1 section of the application form by login into your respective account.
- Here, you need to provide personal details.
- Now, enter academic information and upload the necessary certificates there.
- Submit the form by on-screen instructions.
- Congrats! You have successfully submitted your application form.
Documents Needed for DU SOL MCom Admission Form 2021-2022 Session
Students must ensure that they have all the mandatory documents in hand before going to apply for the DU SOL admission form. Check these documents for uploading:
- Scanned signature and photograph
- Proof of age
- All educational certificates
- Certificate of experience (if applicable)
- Certificate of caste
Is DU SOL MCom Good?
Online education is in trend because people don’t have more time to attend regular classes from the university campus. DU SOL Online MCom is considered the best choice for those who want to pursue higher education or go for career prospects. The degree of online MCom is valid by all means. The program fee for this course is also low as compared to regular MCom courses. Some important points about the course are mentioned below:
- UGC approved course curriculum
- The online MCom degree is valid for all the govt and private jobs
- Online course materials
- Affordable study resources and program fee
What is the Fee Structure for DU SOL MCom 2021-2022?
The program fee for this online MCom course is rupees 15,000 INR. You can easily submit your fee using the online web portal of DU SOL as all the academic tasks are done through online mode. In case you want to pay your fee semester wise, then it will be very easy for you. If you pay the fee annually, then you will get some discounts on the total course fee. Learn more
Apart from the course fee, you need to pay a one-time registration fee for an online application. The registration fee is rupees 500 INR for general and OBC candidates. In case you belong to SC and ST category, then the program fee will be 250 INR.
What is the Eligibility for M Com in DU SOL?
Eligibility is a prominent factor for taking admission to a particular course. Every student needs to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria for taking admission to the program. Let’s check the eligibility condition for the admission procedure of Online MCom in DU SOL.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks with Bachelor of Commerce general of Honors specialization.
- In case you want to take admission through the entrance examination, then the required percentage is 45% in bachelor degree examination in any specialization.
- The candidates coming from the reserved category will get the benefits of relaxation.
- The desired students must have passed the bachelor degree examination from a UGC approved university.
What is the Couse Duration for DU SOL MCom?
In online MCom, the course duration is two years which is considered a minimum. In case you want to stretch your program longer for any reason, then the university offers three years of relaxation.
What are the Subjects/Topics Included in DU SOL MCom?
Many subjects need to be studied by the students who have enrolled in the Online MCom program of Delhi University. The courses that are required to read are mentioned below: Learn more
- Organizational Theory and Behaviour
- Economic Analysis
- Financial Management and Policy
- Business Environment
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource
- Accounting Theory and Practice
- Quantitative techniques for Business Decisions
You need to read these subjects in two years of the MCom program. The complete course and syllabus structure can be easily accessed using the official website of DU SOL.
What are the Top Online MCom Colleges in India for DU SOL Alternative?
Many universities and colleges offer quality education to the students of Delhi University. You can consider any of these as DU SOL alternative
Some prominent universities that offer MCom degree programs are mentioned below:
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Fr. Angel College of Arts and Commerce
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Tamil Nadu Open university
- Lovely Professional University
- Sri Venkateshwara University
Can I Get Scholarships in DU SOL for MCom Programs?
Yes, you can apply for the PG scholarship scheme in DU SOL. There are some scholarships that the university offers to its students in their first and second years. It means you need to fill the scholarship form first or the second year as per your choice.
- Post Graduate Scholarship in Commerce: You need to fill the form in the first year of the MCom degree program.
- Teja Singh Grewal Memorial Scholarship: 2nd year of MCom program.
- His Holiness the Pope Scholarship: Can be filled in 1st year of MCom course.
- Delhi University and All India Postgraduate Scholarship – 1st year.
Is There Any Difference Between DU SOL Online MCom and Distance MCom?
Yes, the course offered under distance mode required the candidates to attend weekly classes but the programs provided under online education, no physical classes are required. In online mode, most of the course guidelines and study materials can be assessed using the official website of Delhi University.
What is the Scope of Career After Completing DU SOL MCom?
There are many career options just after completing your master degree program in Commerce. It includes:
- Business Consultant
- Assistant manager
- Executive Assistant Etc
Apart from these things, you can also go for higher education in the respective discipline or the course you have chosen.
FAQs Related to DU SOL MCom
⭐ Is DU SOL Online MCom Valid?
Yes, the institution is UGC approved and thus offers many courses with full accreditation.
⭐ How to Apply for DU SOL MCom Degree Program?
You need to visit the official website of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning and then hit the PG admission link. There you need to fill the registration and application form with the necessary credentials.
⭐ Is DU SOL MCom degree valid for Higher Education?
Yes, you can pursue higher education like Ph.D. in commerce specializations you want. The degree is valid by all means.
⭐ What is the Link of DU SOL?
You need to visit the sol.du.ac.in web-link to fetch the admission form. Upload all the documents with care with the requisite file limit.