Online education is in the trend nowadays as it provides more flexibility in terms of regular programs. Online Master of Science is a two year PG level program that consists of four semesters. MSc is the extensive knowledge and understanding about the particular specialization that you have studied at your graduation level. MSc provides extensive knowledge in the field of Science. Choosing online and distance education is a great move for students even in Msc.
There are many colleges and universities that provide distance and online education in many disciplines. MSc is a job–oriented program that provides job opportunities in many departments like medical, research and analysis etc. Here in this blog, you will learn about online MSc. The admission procedure for Online MSc has been opened in various colleges and universities. Let’s know the Online MSc in detail. Also Read : Du Sol Online MSC
Course Highlights of Online MSc
- Full form of the Course: Master of Science
- Duration of the program: 2 years
- Courses/ Specializations: Physics, Biology, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry etc.
- Fee for the program: 15000 – 1,90,000 INR.
- Admission procedure: Entrance and Merit both.
- Career Opportunities After MSc: Lab Manager, Pharma Associate, safety Analyst, Regulatory Affairs Analyst etc.
- Scope of Higher Education: M.Phil, P.hD, MBA
- Salary: 5 to 12 LPA
Step by Step Procedure for Taking Admission to Online MSc
Students must check the step by step procedure for taking admission to the program. The details are provided below:
- First of all, you need to visit the web portal of an online university.
- Then, register yourself using the required details.
- Fill the application form there for the MSc program.
- Now, apply for the online MSc entrance exam.
- After some time as per the schedule of the same.
- Next, prepare for the test.
- Appear for entrance examination as per university exam schedule.
- Check the list and get admission.
Eligibility Criteria For Taking Admission to Online MSc
Students must check the basic requirement for taking admission to the program of Master of Science. They should read these steps carefully:
- The candidate must have achieved at least 50% marks from a recognized and UGC approved university.
- A relaxation of 5-7% is provided to reserved categories.
Note: The required percentage of marks is needed based on the university and the type of college. There is no upper limit for taking admission to the programme. For detailed instructions related to eligibility criteria, it is recommended to refer to the official prospectus of the university in which you want to take admission.
Specializations in MSc Programme
Students can opt for the choice of specialization as per their preference. There are many topics/specializations in the MSc degree program. It includes MSc Physics, MSc Zoology, MSc Data Science, MSc Geography, MSc Biotechnology, MSc Anthropology, MSc IT, MSc Data Science, MSc Nursing, MSc Earth Science and more.
Fee Structure in MSc Programme
The fee for the Online MSc course varies from one university to another. Online courses are affordable with very low fees as compared to regular institutions. For instance. In NMIMS, MSc AI and ML, costs about 5, 70,000 INR. You have the option to pay it semester wise. It will be something costly as compared to a one-time payment. Students are requested to check the fee structure for their specialization in Master of Science. Apart from the course fee, students need to pay the processing or registration fee at the time of online admission.
Online MSc (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
Master of Science in AI and ML is a two-year master degree program that is created to provide deep understanding and skills related to Artificial Intelligence, machine learning with the skills of data science. In this course, you will learn to understand the aspects of solving machine learning problems through the use of programming languages like Tableau, R and Python. It helps you to synthesize big structured sets of data. Students will also learn to understand the basics of data mining, regression analysis, predictive analysis and textual mining.
You will know how to deploy and scale Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications with several concepts and skills of ML in order to prepare actionable insights and predictive models. You will also learn about the various prospects of natural language processing’s, Big data analysis, reinforcement learning, and robotics. There is a number of educational institutions that offer this course with providing. Let’s know the eligibility, syllabus and career prospects of the AI and ML programme of MSc. People also Search : What Is an Online MCom ?
Minimum Eligibility Criteria in MSc Programme
- Students should know the minimum eligibility criteria for taking admission to the program.
- Candidates must have achieved at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board of education or university in their graduation.
- Students coming with Science AI and ML, Data Science backgrounds, will be given preference.
- Candidates must ensure that they have all the documents ready with them before going to take admission to the course of AI and ML.
Syllabus in MSc Programme
Students of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning need to compete for four semesters in two years of PG degree course of MSc. In each semester, they are required to read various topics and subjects. It includes:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Problem Solving in C||Computer Networking|
|Computer Architecture and organization||Database Management System|
|Machine Learning||Mini Project 1|
|Programming Lab||Computer Networking 2|
|Algorithm and Data Structure||Object-Oriented Programming|
|Mathematics for Machine Learning||Operating System|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Technologies of Internet||Research and Internship|
|Soft Computing||Data Analysis|
|Mini Project 2||List of Electives|
|Elective 3||Advanced-Data Analytics|
|Elective 2||AI and Knowledge Representation|
|Elective 4||Embedded Systems|
|Object-Oriented Analysis and Design||Language Technologies and Information Retrieval|
Career Prospectus for Online MSc AI and ML Graduates
Students of MSc AI and ML either regular mode or online can easily pursue higher education like P.hD and M.Phil programs. They can apply to both govt and non-govt organizations for job purposes. Apart from government fields, students can pursue their jobs in the private sector also. Top positions after completing Online MSc in AI and ML are: Also Read : What Is an Online BCA?
User Experience Specialist
- Big Data Engineer
- Computer Scientist
- Game Programmer
- Robotic Scientist etc.
Note: candidates after completing their online education in MSc AI and ML, can choose MBA as their preferred course of study. They can also choose competitive examinations etc.
Online MSc Applied Science
The course of Applied Science in Online MSc focuses on research-oriented thesis and it’s a multidisciplinary program. It helps students to understand the opportunities and techniques to conduct research in multidisciplinary and single fields of study with the help of practical applications. It provides best-ever opportunities to the students for nurturing their skills in communication and research prospects in related fields like development and research in govt or industry.
Online MSc Applied Science is a two-year master degree program. This program is also available on a full-term/regular basis. The course encompasses students with collaborative research projects with expertise in Science and technology with the option of co-operative for various goals of life.
Applied Finance is a course that covers many topics and programs from a broad array of spectrum related to forensics, textiles, technology and forensics, etc. During the online program in Applied Science, students will learn scientific knowledge in practical terms. Let’s know the eligibility and career opportunities of this program:
Eligibility Criteria for Taking Admission to Online MSc Programs
Candidates who want to take admission to the program of Applied Science are requested to check the eligibility criteria first. Here are some important points related to the same:
- Students must have secured a decent percentage in their bachelor degree examination.
- The qualifying examination must be passed from a UGC approved university.
- Candidates must have all the academic records for taking admission to the University of their choice.
Students can either choose higher education or private/govt jobs just after completing their master degree in applied science stream under the online education system. They can work in public as well as private sectors. There are many companies that are looking for Applied Science graduates for various positions in their organizations.
There are many top positions you can choose as your preferred option of career. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Field Officer, professor, Lab Technician, manager, Researcher, Accountant, Statistical Analyst, Field Officer, Quantitative Developer, Scientist, Lab Technician etc.
- If you want to check top recruiters for Applied Science graduates, then we have a long list. You can apply to these institutions/departments. Some of the tops are HDFC, Oracle, Infosys, HCL and more.
- Students can go in any field be it Commerce, Science or Arts in their higher education after completing the course of online MSc in Applied Science.
Pay Scale and Salary
If you have completed your online course in Online MSc Applied Science, then your salary package will be handsome and the best in class. You will get a salary between 25 LPA to 33 LPA. It will increase as per the enhancement of your skills and qualification in the particular field.