DU SOL Distance BA Admission Process 2023 (Released)
School of Open Learning, University of Delhi has started the process of admission to various undergraduate and post-graduate courses for the new session. The institute is providing a bachelor’s degree in Humanities in several specializations. You can take admission to the BA program or honors courses, but first of all, you have to know and understand the eligibility criteria to take admission to DU SOL. The detailed information is mentioned on the official website of the institution. Here, you will get minimum eligibility requirements regarding personal and academic details. The university will consider various factors to provide admission like the 12th examination passed with the required percentage, age, personal details, etc.
However, there are no age restrictions for getting admission to Delhi University’s School of Open Learning. You can check the complete details available on the official website of DU SOL.
Some Necessary Points for Distance BA Admissions:
- Online admission in Delhi University’s School of Open Learning has been closed for the last batch and the admission for the next batch will begin shortly. You will get the update here regarding the commencement date of online admission in DU-SOL for the 2023 batch.
- Students from any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts) can apply to this B.A specialization.
- Students can opt for such undergraduate specializations in DU SOL such as; B. A (Hons) English, B.A Programmes, B.A (Hons) Political Science, as per their choice of interest where they can get success at the higher positions.
- This Distance B. A is a 3years education program and consists of 4 different semesters.
- There is no age limit to apply for these undergraduate courses.
School of Open Learning Admission Criteria for Indian Students
If you are an Indian national, then you have to check the basic requirement needed to get admission to a BA degree course in DU SOL. The institute offers affordable and quality education through its teaching experience. You have to get yourself registered on the official webpage of DU SOL. The university adopts a registration procedure on the basis of your selected course for every semester.
For Indian students, the basic requirement is as follows:
B.A Programme: You need to have secured at least 40% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination of class 12 under 10+2 mode. (For General students), If you come from a reserved category, then you will get relaxation. Check details using the official brochure.
B.A (Honours): If you are applying for the honors course, then you have to check the minimum eligibility. For example: For English Honours, you must have passed class 12th with at least 65% marks as English is one of the core courses in class 12th. For OBC candidates, the minimum mark is 58.5%. In case you want to apply for any other course like BA Pol Science (Honours), then you must have achieved at least 50% marks in aggregate. For OBC, the eligibility percentage is 45% in aggregate.
School of Open Learning Admission Criteria for Overseas Students
Delhi University also welcomes students coming from other countries outside India in order to provide them admission to various courses. They can get admission to Delhi University School of Open Learning in any course but it is always recommended to check the basic eligibility criteria and other admission procedures before taking admission to DU SOL.
The basic eligibility criteria for overseas students are mentioned below:
Students must have valid visas for at least three years of duration to complete their degree course.
The admission procedure of these students is done by the Foreign Student Department of the university. The department accepts their admission after checking all the important credentials like nationality, passport, visa, and other credentials from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Also, the fee structure for these students is different from Indian students.
Reservation of Seats: 5% of seats are reserved for foreign nationals in every course for first-year students.
Foreign candidates have to get themselves registered with the Foreign Student Registry (FSR) of the university. No foreign student is allowed to get direct admission to any course without FSR.
Important Dates Related to School of Open Learning BA Admissions 2023
Students should know the important dates apply for the entire admission procedure. If you want to get admission to DU SOL BA, then refer to admission brochure 2023 to know more details.
Some important details are mentioned below:
|Online application procedure start date||July 29, 2023|
|Last date for Application||Not yet declared|
|Correction window availability||Not yet active|
DU SOL Sample Certificate
Earn a UGC & AICTE, NAAC A++ -recognised degree from DU SOL
- Learn from the best faculty and industry experts.
- Become a part of the DU SOL Alumni network.
- Build job-ready skills to get ready for the workforce.
Who is Eligible for School of Open Learning Admissions?
- 10+2 from a recognized Education Board
- A minimum of 45-50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Basic Knowledge of the English language.
- Graduation from a recognized university.
- At least 45-50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Must have studied the English language at 10+2 or graduation level.
Note: For some courses, the university might conduct an entrance exam & the eligibility will also depend on the scores of that exam.