Delhi University is one of the most reputed institutions in the country that offer various programs and courses under a regular education system. For UG courses, the varsity releases cut-off lists except for management programs. If you want to take admission to DU BBA Course, then you should know the fee structure, course details, eligibility criteria and admission procedure.
BBA is the acronym of the Bachelor of Business Administration and is one of the highly sought programs at Delhi University. It’s a three-year bachelor degree program in the field of management. It imparts quality education with managerial and entrepreneurial skills to various candidates of the university. With this degree program, students will learn various topics like bachelor of business management, HR management etc.
Students of all three streams are it Arts, Science and Commerce can take admission to the university for a BBA degree course. BBA comes in various specializations and these are provided through two different departments: the Department of Financial Studies and the Faculty of Management Studies. The admission is based on an Entrance examination followed by a group discussion and interview.
Delhi University takes BBA admission through DU JAT admission. Students can easily fill the application form online using the online web portal of Delhi University. In this blog, you will learn about various topics, subjects included in the course of BBA along with eligibility criteria and fee structure. Also Read : Du Sol Online BBA
DU JAT Examination
The Joint Entrance Examination of Delhi University is the mandatory examination for the admission to BBA program of three years of duration. The program provides one of the highest placements in UG level courses. Usually, the examination dates are scheduled for the BBA program between August and September every year, but due to the COVID pandemic, the exams are postponed several times this year. Students who want to take to BBA course, need to check the official website of DU and take admission as per the schedule of the management department.
The BBA Course Fee
The fee structure is one of the most important things in every admission procedure. If you want to take admission to the programme, need to check the official website of Delhi University. The course fee at Delhi University for BBA program ranges from 40,000 to 75,000 INR. People Also Search : What Is an Online MBA?
There is various specialization offered by Delhi University in a bachelor degree program of management. It includes BBA FIA (Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Investment and Analysis), BBA Business Economics, and BBA Management Studies.
Note: Students can also take admission to BA Business Economics and BMS programme offered by various colleges of Delhi University.
Eligibility Criteria for Taking Admission to BBA Course
The first phase is the JAT score to meet by the students. DU JAT is one of the most popular examinations in India for management programs. You need to ensure that you have the eligibility to clear the JAT score of the respective year in which you want to take admission. The basic eligibility criteria for participating in DU JAT are mentioned below:
- The candidate must have passed at least the class 12th examination from a recognized board of education.
- Students must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate with the best four subjects that should include Math, English and any two other subjects of their choice are eligible for the JAT examination.
- Reserved category candidates need to have at least 55% marks or above in aggregate in the senior secondary level examination.
- Candidates who are with compartment results in any subject are not eligible for the JAT entrance examination conducted by the university and hence they are completely not eligible for the admission procedure of DU BBA.
Selection Procedure in Delhi University for BBA Program
Candidates need to appear for JAT and pass the same for taking admission to the BBA course. The examination will consist of four sections: General and Business Awareness, Quantitative Ability, English and Reasoning.
Candidates are advised to check the admission or selection procedure of DU JAT:
- The students are shortlisted on the basis of the score achieved in their JAT entrance examination.
- The shortlisted students will be then called for further rounds like group discussion, and personal interviews. These rounds are conducted for the applications of BBA FIA and BMS.
- Note: For the BBA program there will be no GD and PI rounds.
Why You Should Pursue BBA Course?
BBA is one of the highly sought management programs in India. It comes in various specializations like BBA Financial Analysis, HR Management, and Business Management etc. Here, you will know how you should pursue the BBA program:
- BBA is an ideal degree for those who want to do MBA as their master degree course.
- Students who want to grow their own business or become an entrepreneur can choose the BBA course as their preferred choice.
- Ethical and Passionate candidates who are true to themselves can easily pursue this course and try their hands in business domains.
- The program helps the person to understand various market requirements and global trends. The skill of BBA is good for those candidates who want to enrich their talents in the market and business sector.
Syllabus of Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration includes various topics and subjects like Principles of Management Statistics, Business Mathematics, Organizational Behavior, Business Economics etc. The syllabus of BBA is vast as it aims to inoculate various managerial and entrepreneurial skills to the candidate.
Candidates are requested to choose the right specialization that they want to study and excel managerial skills in them. There are various specializations to choose from like Finance, International Business, Marketing and Sales, HRM etc.
Syllabus of BBA Course
DU Bachelor of Business Administration is a three-year bachelor degree program that encompasses various topics and subjects related to management. The course comprises six semesters to cover by the students. Every semester is crucial as you need to pass each of them to be eligible for the promotion to the next. Here, we have provided a number of subjects included in the syllabus. They are:
- Semester 1 and 2: In the first semester, students need to read 6 subjects to promote to the next. In the second semester, you need to read six subjects including Macroeconomics and Cost Accounting.
- Semester 3 and 4: In these two semesters, students are requested to cover six subjects each.
- Semester 5 and 6: In semesters 5 and 6, students are requested to read five subjects each.
Note: All the papers are required to cover by the students to be eligible for the award of degree.