The School of Open Learning, University of Delhi is one of the highly reputed distance education hubs of the country. The varsity was established in 1962 with just a few students. Now, the institution has increased to two major campuses located in North and South Delhi and thus they are known as North and South Campus. The university offers various courses and programs under UG and PG levels. Students must check the eligibility, admission criteria and fee structure before taking admission to the program they want.
In DU SOL, you can take admission to various UG courses. The courses the institution provides are BA Programme, BA (H) Political Science, BA (H) English, B.Com and B.Com Hons. The institution is completely affiliated with the University of Delhi and got the approval of the University Grants Commission. The school provides many courses through its 13 dedicated departments. People Also Search : What is an Online Bachelor of Arts/BA?
Highlights of DU SOL for UG Courses
The School of Open Learning provides quality education in the distance education system. The institution offers various programs with many specifications and quality assessments. Let’s know some of the top highlights of DU SOL.
- Name of the institution: School of Open Learning
- Courses Offered: BA Programme, B.Com, B.Com (Hons), BA (H) Political Science, BA (H) English.
- Affiliation: University of Delhi
- Approvals: University Grants Commission
- Year of Establishment: 1962
- Minimum duration of UG courses: 3 years
- Campus Locations: North and South Delhi
- Mode of Education: Distance
- Classes Organized on: Sundays
Fee Structure of UG Courses
The fee structure matters the most as every student must check the same before taking admission to a programme. The complete details regarding fee structure are mentioned on the official website of DU SOL. Let’s check the fee for each program offered by DU SOL:
|BA (H) Political Science
|BA (H) English
Note: Students are requested to pay the registration fee along with the course fee. The registration fee for general candidates is about rupees 500 each. SC/ST category students need to pay a registration fee of 250 each.
How to Submit an Application for DU SOL Courses?
Most of the admission processes are online as you need to visit the official website of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning and then fill the application form there. Students need to ensure some important things while filling the application form:
- Candidates who want to take admission must ensure that they are fulfilling all the eligibility criteria for taking admission to the course they want.
- Students must cross-check everything for filling the application form.
- They need to upload all the documents correctly.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
Candidates must choose the course as per their desired specialization which he/they want to study. Candidates must know the minimum eligibility criteria for taking admission to the course. Here, we have provided important details on eligibility criteria for all the courses offered by DU SOL under the UG level. Let’s have a look:
|BA (H) Political Science
|At least 50% marks are required for the last qualifying examination i.e; 12th with at least one language and three other academic subjects.
Note: Vocational Subject or stream is not applicable.
|BA (H) English
|A minimum of 65% marks in total in class 12th or intermediate examination from a recognized board of education with one language and three other academic subjects. Also, at least 65% marks in the English language is mandatory for taking admission to DU SOL BA (H) English.
|At least 55% marks are required in aggregate and 60% marks in a vocational or technical stream in the field of Commerce.
Note: Students must have passed their class 12th examination from a valid and recognized board of education. People Also Search : Is DU SOL Good for B.Com?
Relaxations Offered to DU SOL Students in Eligibility Criteria
If you take admission to DU SOL and come under the reserved category, then you can claim the relaxation for taking admission to the programme. Some instructions are mentioned here, have a look:
|For SC/St Students
|A minimum passing percentage is needed for taking admission to the course.
|For OBC Candidates
|A minimum relaxation of 4% is provided in the minimum eligibility criteria that are prescribed for the General category students.
|For PWD candidates
|Students belonging to PWD categories are provided 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks on the percentage prescribed for the general candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
Candidates who belong to any other countries need to register themselves to the Foreign Students Register (FSR) and know the complete eligibility to stay and study in DU SOL. Let’s now the complete details there:
- Candidates must have a valid VISA or more than three years to stay in India and to complete their respective courses.
- Students must follow the rules of the foreign ministry and education policy of India to pursue their education.
- The fee structure and eligibility varies from the one proposed for the Indian candidates. They are requested to check all the details carefully to avoid the cancellation of their respective forms.
Note: Other processes like form filling and submission are the same just like Indian Candidates. The admission brochure has all the details regarding admission. They must read every point of the same.
Admission Procedure in DU SOL
The School of Open Learning, University of Delhi has its own criteria of admission or admission procedure. Students are requested to check these guidelines to take admission to their preferred UG programs. Let’s have a look at these points:
- Candidates are requested to hit the website of DU SOL.
- Then, press the link for UG admissions.
- Now, you need to choose your preferred course of study.
- Next, fill the application form there with all the correct details.
- After that, input your personal and academic details there.
- Once you have entered all the details correctly, upload your documents securely.
- Now, tap on Submit and proceed.
- After that, you need to pay the fee by pressing the Pay the Fee option there.
Note: Your admission is provisional until you have verified all your documents related to your course or program.