The University of Delhi is one of the premier institutions of the country. It provides many reputed programs and courses. Among its preferred courses, Master of Business Administration is one of the best in the university as it is a completely career-oriented program. Most of the students of MBA are selected for top positions by many reputed MNCs and companies like Wipro, Capgemini, Airtel, Nestle and more. The MBA Fees in Delhi University is one of the most important aspects in every degree, master degree, diploma or certificate program. You must want to know the fee structure of Delhi University for MBA courses. To know the complete fee structure, refer to the official admission or course brochure available on the website of Delhi University.
The admission to MBA is done through a dedicated entrance test known as the Common Aptitude Test for MBA. The university also holds its own entrance examination for various seats of the MBA degree course. MBA is a two-year master degree course that provides quality training and skills through project reports, training sessions and corporate visits. MBA is provided in various specializations like MBA Human Resource, MBA Supply Chain Management, MBA Accounts and Finance etc. All the MBA specializations are career-oriented as per the specialization and course type. Also Read : DU SOL MBA Course
Departments Offer MBA Degree Course
There are many departments that provide MBA degree courses at Delhi University. The dedicated MBA offering departments are:
Faculty of Management Studies: The department provides a full-time two-year master degree program in several specializations and categories like the doctoral program, executive MBA etc.
Application fee for FMS MBA courses: The application fee for MBA programs offered by the Faculty of Management Studies is:
- 1000 INR (for General students)
- 350 for SC/ST category
- Course Fee: 50, 000 to 1.9 lakh. For more details regarding fee structure, read the fee section of your admission prospectus carefully.
- Executive MBA Fee: 50, 000 INR
- Executive MBA (Healthcare Administration): 50, 000 INR.
Department of Financial Studies: This department offer master of business administration in two streams: Economics and Finance.
- Application fee: 24, 500 to 1,90, 000 INR (based on the course type)
- UR: 1800
- SC/ST and OBC: 900
- MBA FM: 3, 00, 000
- MBA (BE): 24, 752 INR
Note: The application fee will be charged separately along with the course fee.
Students need to submit their respective course fees for the final confirmation of their admission to the university. The fee submission is one of the easiest tasks as you need to just get online and then submit your course fee using the preferred mode of fee payment. For more details, read the fee submission instructions available on the website or the respective departments of MBA.
The candidates are selected for the various specializations of MBA through many entrance examinations and eligibility requirements.
The entrance examination includes:
- GAT score
- CAT score
- Performance in GD/PI
- Marks achieved in class 10th and 12th examination
Students who want to take admission to doctoral programs have specific requirement criteria, read the same if you want to get admission to a P.hD degree.
Note: Women candidates are provided additional relaxation if they want to get admission to MBA programs.
Also Read : Du Sol Registration form
MBA Course Details
- Level of the course: Post-graduate
- Type of the program: Full-time degree program
- Provided by: Delhi University
- Offered through institution: DFS and FMS
- Duration of the course: 2 years
- Criteria of Eligibility: Graduation
- Process of Administration: Merit and Entrance based
- Entrance exam required: GAT/ CAT/ GD/ PI
- Fee for the course: It depends on the specialization (Range: 25000, 3,00,000)
DU MBA Important Admission Dates
- PG Registration: 26th of July, 2021 – 21 August, 2021
- Cut-off release date: 8th of September, 2021 – 10th of September 2021
Details of the Courses Offered by Faculty of Management Studies
- Eligibility Criteria: Graduation with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized institution
- Criteria of selection: CAT and merit both
- Eligibility Criteria: At least 45% marks in bachelor degree examination from a recognized university.
- Selection of Criteria: GAT + Merit both
MBA Executive (Healthcare Administration)
- Eligibility Criteria: 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized university
- Criteria of Selection: CAT and merit both
DU MBA Criteria of Eligibility
Students who want to take admission to MBA courses need to check the eligibility first as it’s one of the mandatory steps for taking admission to the program. Let’s check the details below:
For General MBA
Students must have finished or passed the bachelor degree examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized and UGC approved institution.
- For SC/ST candidates: Passing percentage is required.
- For PWD/OBC candidates: 45% marks are needed.
For MBA Executive
Students must achieve at least 45% marks in their graduation degree from a UGC approved institution.
The qualifying examination or degree must be passed from a valid college or institution in any discipline.
Students must have at least 5 years of experience at the administrative or executive level in any non-government or government organization.
For MBA Executive (Health Care Administration)
Students must have achieved at least 45% marks in aggregate in any discipline from a UGC approved institution.
Those will be given preference who have at least 5 years of work experience as a healthcare executive or any private/ govt organization in the health sector. Also Read : Is DU Good For BBA? BBA Ultimate Guide 2021-22
Selection Criteria of MBA in University of Delhi
Candidates must know the selection process and required criteria for the selection of the full-time MBA program. The weightage of the marks for the selection to MBA courses are mentioned below:
- Class 10th marks: 5%
- CAT Score: 60%
- Marks in class 12th: 5%
- GD: 10%
- Extempore: 5%
- PI: 15%
- Women candidate appearing for the interview: 3%
For MBA Executive and MBA Healthcare Administration
- Academics: 20 Marks
- Executive Experience: 20 marks
- Weightage of GAT 2021: 30 marks
- PI: 15 marks
- Extempore: 15 marks
How to Apply for MBA Programs in Delhi University’s FMS?
- Students need to visit the official website of Delhi University that is du.ac.in.
- Now, the candidates are required to register themselves for the entrance test.
- Fill the application form with the required details.
- Now, you need to enter personal details and then input educational qualifications.
- Next, upload all the documents carefully using an online portal.
- After that, pay the fee online using your debit or credit card.
- The registration fee is rupees 1000 INR for general candidates
- SC/ST candidates need to submit 350 INR.
Steps to Follow While Applying to MBA Program through FMS
Students need to follow some important points for taking admission to their respective course of study at Delhi University. The below-mentioned procedures are for Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi admissions:
- Generate your login ID using the official website
- Verify your email ID
- Fill the application form there
- Upload necessary documents
- Pay the fee
Reservation of Seats in Faculty of Management Studies
The students who come under reservation categories can apply for their respective reservations as per the rules of FMS, University of Delhi. You will get more details through the provided table: Also Read : DU SOL Alternative
For General Candidate
- MBA: 101
- MBA Executive (Health Care Administration): 20
- MBA Executive: 80
For SC Candidates
- MBA: 30
- MBA Executive (Health care Administration): 6
- MBA Executive: 24
For ST Candidates
- MBA: 15
- MBA Executive (Health Care Administration): 3
- MBA Executive: 12
For OBC Candidates
- MBA: 54
- MBA Executive Healthcare Administration: 10
- MBA Executive: 43
For PWD Candidates
- MBA: 10
- MBA Executive (Health Care Administration): 2
- MBA Executive: 8
For CW Candidates
- MBA: 10
- MBA Executive (Health Care Administration): 2
- MBA Executive: 8
For FS Candidates
- MBA: 10
MBA Courses and Admission Procedure in DFS, University of Delhi
- In the Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi, MBA is provided in mainly two prominent areas in Master of Business Administration:
- Finance and Business Economics.
- The eligibility and course selection criteria are mentioned below:
The minimum eligibility criteria for both the specializations are the same and are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have achieved a graduation degree with a 10+2+3 pattern of education with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who are about to appear in the final year examinations of the degree program can also apply.
Criteria of Selection
Students need to check the admission or selection criteria before appearing for the entrance test conducted by the University of Delhi. Check these selection criteria for taking admission to DU MBA programs:
Class 10th and 12th examination passed with CAT percentile appropriate for the admission. Students will be provided preference if they have any of these mentioned degrees:
- BA (H) Economics
- BCom (Hons)
- BA (H) Business Economics
- BBA/BFIA (FIA)
System of Weightage
- CAT percentile: 57.5%
- Marks achieved in class 10th examination: 5%
- Marks achieved in GD: 7.5%
- Marks obtained in class 12th: 5%
- Achieved score in PI: 20%
- Female students: 2.5%
Students who have any of the above-mentioned degrees are provided 2.5% relaxation in the total required percentage in DFS.
In the Department of Financial Studies, there is no weightage for experienced candidates.
Application Procedure at DFS, University of Delhi
The step-by-step application procedure for DFS are mentioned below:
- First and foremost, navigate to the official website of Delhi University’s Department of Financial Studies.
- Then, fill the application form online using your necessary details.
- Next, make your fee payment for the respective course or program along with the registration charges. The registration charge for general candidates is 1800 rupees. For the reserved category, it is 900 INR.
Note: Foreign nationals need to apply through the Office of Deputy Dean (Foreign Students Registry), conference centre, University of Delhi.
About DU MBA CAT
- Top headlines of DU MBA CAT 2021
- Common Aptitude Test is a completely computer-based test in which you need to complete all the questions in a total of 180 minutes, that is 3 hours.
- The question paper of the CAT examination comprises 100 questions in all.
- Categories in CAT examination:
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation of Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- The weightage for the GAT (General Ability Test) is 30 points in the selection procedure.
- The interviews for all the candidates will be conducted at IIMs across the country.
Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi’s Seat Matrix, and Fee Structure
Fees are one of the most important things in every education procedure. The seat availability must be checked in the university or particular college in which you wish to take admission. Below, we are providing a fee structure for the courses offered in the Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi.
MBA (Finance Management)
- Total seats: 5
- Fee Structure: 3 Lakh course fee, rs 1000 registration charges for a general candidate, rupees 600 for SC and ST students.
- Total seats: 88
- Fee Structure: 24, 752-course fee, rupees 1000 registration charges for general students, rupees 600 INR for SC and ST candidates.Stages of
There are mainly two stages for taking admission to the MBA program of your wish:
- Appearing for CAT
- Once you have successfully cleared CAT, check the admission list for eligibility requirements just like cut-off marks.
- The second stage is the extempore like group discussion, personal interview etc.
Registration for Foreign Students
There are some requirements needed for admission to MBA courses and programs for foreign nationals. They need to meet with some eligibility and undergo mandatory procedures for taking admission to Delhi University. Also Read : DU SOL MBA Online Program
Registering to FSR (Foreign Student Registry)
The first step is the registration to the Foreign Student Registry of Delhi University as it’s a mandatory step for every non-native student.
Valid Visa to Stay and Study
The second mandatory requirement for taking admission to the course or any specialization of MBA is to have a valid visa from the external affairs ministry with a valid passport. It’s very mandatory to stay in India for a minimum duration of two years.
Qualification of Language Proficiency Test
The foreign candidates must have passed/cleared language proficiency tests like TOEFL and ILETS to appear in any of the below-mentioned examinations conducted by NAT or Delhi University for taking admission to MBA programs: