Delhi University School of Open Learning offers many programs under the distance education system. Among other courses, the institution also provides a bachelor degree in BBA as a three year UG degree course. It comprises a total of six semesters. This program will guide the students for a knowledgeable path in management and also boosts their knowledge for entrepreneurial skills and understanding. In the course, students will learn managerial economics and general management. The admission is based on the merit list released by the university. The basic eligibility condition to get admission to the program is a 10+2 examination passed with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Also Read : Is DU SOL Good for Online MBA?
What is DU SOL BBA/ DU SOL Bachelor of Business Administration?
BBA is one of the most popular programs provided in the field of management as you can say it’s the beginning of a management program because it’s a UG level course. BBA or Bachelor of Business Administration provides knowledge of business goals from a management perspective. Its the management methodology that trains students via sensible expertise through various forms like projects, case studies, industry visits, interaction with experts and industry tycoons, and specialists from the specific trade. This program is also known as management studies, business studies by many institutions. Therefore, there are many acronyms of this course like BMS, BBM, and BBS.
The school of open learning is a UGC approved university that provides quality education in many programs and diplomas. In case you want to take admission to the program, it is recommended to check the admission fee, course structure and eligibility criteria to ease the process of admission. The fee can vary from one specialization to another. There are about 18 specializations in all. Currently, BBA is delivered by many top institutions but DU SOL is one of the best among them. Therefore, it is advised to check the program properly before taking admission to the same. You will get your career as per your selected course of study after completing the program.
Also Read : DU SOL vs IGNOU Which university is better ?
- Students need to ensure some important points
- Eligibility criteria
- Mode of instruction
- Benefits of education from DU SOL
- Course subjects
DU SOL BBA Program Details
- Name of the Institution: Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Accreditations: UGC-DEB
- Degree Type: Bachelors
- Form: Bachelor of Business Administration
- Duration of the Course: Three Years
- Age limit: No age limit is imposed for taking admission
- Minimum percentage required: 40-60%
- Eligibility: Senior School Certificate examination passed with 10+2 mode of education
- Fee: 18000 INR
- Average Salary Offered: Minimum offered salary will be based on your skills and the specification in which you are pursuing your BBA.
How to Get Admission to BBA in DU SOL 2021?
BBA is a bachelor degree program that prepares students for various managerial posts as per the specialization selected by the candidate. To get yourself registered, follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, visit the online web portal of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning.
- Then, hit the New Registration tab there.
- Choose your course of study and enter your mail ID.
- Now, degree type and address.
- After that, fill in your name and Date of Birth.
- Input contact number and hit the Submit button.
- Once you are successfully registered to DU SOL, log in to the same credentials.
- Now, open the application form right on your desktop screen.
- Then, type your personal information in the first part.
- Next, you need to enter mandatory academic details in the appropriate section.
- After that, upload all the documents carefully.
- Now, submit the form with appropriate information.
- Finally, pay the fee and download the acknowledgement form.
Documents Needed for DU SOL BBA Admission form 2024-25
Students are required to upload some necessary and asking documents in the prescribed format. Some of the important documents are mentioned below:
- Certificate related to Education
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- One scanned copy of the passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- Certificate of caste
- Income proof
- Proof of age
Is DU SOL BBA Good?
The School of Open Learning, University of Delhi offers many UG and PG level programs with pride, but BBA is considered one of the best in terms of career and future prospects as the course offers many job opportunities to every student. Delhi University’s SOL provides flexible degree programs to millions of students.
The course of BBA covers many subjects in three years of the UG level degree program. It includes management theory, business organizations and systems, basic business statistics, marketing management, communication skills, international business law, financial management etc.
DU SOL is good for many reasons. Some of them are mentioned below:
- UGC approved university
- Legitimate and reliable program structure
- Low program fee
- Best in class placements
- Top faculty and infrastructure
What is the Fee Structure for DU SOL BBA 2024-25?
The fee for the program is 18000 INR for the BBA program of three years bachelor degree program of DU SOL. The fee can be easily paid online using any of the available modes of payment. You can make your payment using the preferred mode of payment like:
- Credit or Debit card
- Net banking
- Online banking etc
The course comprises six semesters with a three years course duration. In this duration, you can either pay the fee at once or semester-wise. It is better to pay the entire fee at the time of admission as when you pay it entirely, the university provides relaxation in the total amount. However, you have the option to pay/semester. The examination fee is not included in the course fee as you have to submit the same before the commencement of the examination. Apart from all the above-mentioned things, you need to pay a one-time registration fee of rupees 500 INR. reserved category students will get relaxation in this registration process.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for BBA in DU SOL?
The university has ruled out some important points as guidelines for the new applicants in order to take admission to the BBA degree program. These are considered as eligibility criteria. Take a look at these points:
- Candidates must have a valid class 12th certificate and mark-sheet with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- SC and ST category students need to have at least 45% marks in total for getting admission.
- Students must have passed the class 12th examination from a recognized board of education.
- The qualifying examination must be with a 10+2 mode of schooling.
What is the Program Duration for DU SOL BBA?
The course duration is three years as students need to complete the program in a minimum of three years with six semesters. In case you want to stretch the course for any reason, then the university offers two years of additional relaxation and it comprises a total of five years. For more details regarding the duration of the course, visit the official website of DU SOL.
What are the Subjects/Syllabus in BBA DU SOL 2024-25?
There are many specializations that DU SOL offers in BBA programs. You need to check the course curriculum or syllabus for more detailed information regarding the program. The syllabus and subjects are mentioned on the official website of DU SOL.
Top specializations of BBA in DU SOL are mentioned below:
- BBA Information Technology
- BBA Global Business
- BBA Hospital and Healthcare
- BBA Accounting
- BBA Retail
- BBA Sports Management
- BBA Supply Chain
- BBA Marketing
- BBA Tourism
- BBA Hospitality
- BBA Human Resource Management etc
In the BBA program, you need to read many subjects and topics. You need to complete every subject and its related examination to be promoted to the next semester. Some of them are mentioned below:
In the first year, you need to read various subjects like:
- Principles of Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Organization, Competition and Environment
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
In the second year of the BBA degree course, you need to read these provided subjects:
- Management Information System
- Business Strategy
- Taxation Law
- Business Laws
- Quantitative techniques for Business
- Computer Fundamentals
- Introduction of Research Methodology
In the final year, you are required to read these subjects:
- Strategic Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Business Environment
- Values and Ethics in Business
- Project Planning and Evaluation
- Cost Accounting
- Project Planning and Evaluation
- Computer Applications in Management
- Financial Management etc
What are the Top BBA Colleges in India for DU SOL Alternative?
There are many institutions that offer BBA programs through distance and online mode. In case you don’t want to pursue BBA from DU SOL, then you can choose another one that suits you perfectly.
Here, we are concluding-up some major colleges providing BBA programs:
- Amity University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Mount Carmel College
- University of Mumbai
- Madras Christian College
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Maharaja Surajmal institute
- Alliance University
Also Read : DU SOL Alternative University
Can I Get a Scholarship in DU SOL For BBA Program?
Just like other courses, in BBA too, you can avail benefits from the scholarships program offered by Delhi University’s School of Open Learning. Some of the popular scholarship programs provided by DU SOL for BBA students are mentioned below:
Delhi University’s Post Matric Scholarship: The application form for this scholarship can be filled in the first year of a three year UG program.
Sh. Prem Prakash Award: The application form for the Prem Prakash award is also filled in the first year of your degree program.
Note: For detailed instructions regarding scholarship programs, visit the official webpage of DU SOL’s scholarship page.
Is There any Difference Between DU SOL Online BBA and DU SOL Distance BBA?
Yes, there are many differences between these two modes of study in DU SOL.
Online Education: In the Online mode of the BBA course, you need to complete your course completely online be it lectures, assignments, project reports and study material. In this mode of study, everything is online.
Distance Education: In this mode of study, you need to attend classes from a university campus or from an allotted study centre. Study materials are also in physical form. However, you can opt for online study materials too.
What is the Scope of Career After Completing the DU SOL BBA Program?
There are many career options after the BBA course. Once you have finished the course, pursue higher education like MBA or go for job opportunities in the corporate sector. In case you want to go for jobs after completing the course, then register online to the Central Placement Cell of the university. Doing this, you will be eligible for the placement rounds of the university if any job fairs or company visit are organized by the institution.
You can go for many career options like:
- Strategic Manager
- Finance Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Information System Manager
- Marketing associate
- Corporate Assistant