What is the Last Date for DU MA Admission
Every year, Delhi University takes admission in July and August for their new batch, for admission-related information details visit DU’s official website. The admission website for the MA program is closed but will shortly open. Delhi University uploaded all the details regarding the admission procedure and entrance exams. It is advisable to visit the official website of Delhi University.
The entrance exam CUET-PG plays an important factor in the admission process at Delhi University. These are various other entrance exams conducted by various universities for admission to MA programs in India.
Entrance Exams for MA Specialization in India
The admission examinations for Master of Arts programs in India are different for various universities and courses. The following are a few typical entrance tests for MA admissions:
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the Common University Entrance Test (CUET), which is required for admission to several MA programs in specializations like history, economics, and English.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE): This entrance is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University's MA programs in topics including sociology, political science, and international relations, among others.
- IGNOU OPENMAT: For the Indira Gandhi National Open University's MA in Distance Education program.
- Common Admission Test (CAT): This entrance is conducted by several elite management institutions that offer Master of Arts in Management or similar programs.
- Various State-Level Entrance Tests: For MA programs in various fields, numerous state institutions have their entrance tests.
Note: Delhi University only accepts the CUET entrance score for their undergraduate and post-graduate program. If individuals are interested in being admitted to Delhi University, they need to clear CUET's other entrance not entertained by DU.
DU Important Links for the MA Program
Delhi University is always the priority for the students to pursue their degree due to its reputation and worth. It offers different programs at different levels like Undergraduate, post-graduate, and PhD programs. The MA specialization program is one of the master's programs with various specializations. Delhi University conducts the admission in July & August every year for the new batch. However, they closed their portal for the MA program admission but will open soon. For more detailed information regarding the admission procedure & entrance exam, visit the official website of Delhi University www.du.com.
DU SOL Sample Certificate
Earn a UGC & AICTE, NAAC A++ -recognised degree from DU SOL
- Learn from the best faculty and industry experts.
- Become a part of the DU SOL Alumni network.
- Build job-ready skills to get ready for the workforce.
Who is Eligible for the MA Program
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or Delhi University.
- With a minimum percentage of 50% for the general category and 45% for other categories (SC/ST/OBC).
- Students are advised to take the entrance exam as CUET-PG is compulsory for this course (except for DU alumni)
- No age limit for this program.
DU SOL Admissions FAQ
The eligibility criteria for the MA program’s entrance exam is to have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum percentage of 50% for generals and 5% relaxation for (SC/ST/OBC) other categories.
Yes, CUET-PG deducts 1 mark as a negative marking, if your answered question gets wrong.
Yes, Delhi University has a 5% relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC categories for the MA specialization program.
Yes, entrance exams are mandatory for the MA program specializations at Delhi University. Those who completed their graduation from Delhi University, they can take direct admission on a merit basis.
Yes, there are various other entrance exams for the MA program by the different universities, but Delhi University only accepts the entrance score of CUET-PG.