Admission to Delhi University
The Delhi University is one of the premier central universities of the country with international recognition and a reputation for the highest academic standard in the teaching-learning process. The institution provides many courses and programs from distinguished faculties, dedicated and experienced professionals. This premier institution was established in the year 1922. Currently, the institution provides quality education through 16 faculties, 91 colleges, 86 Departments.
There are more than 500 programs provided by the university through approvals by Academic and Executive Councils. About 209 courses are considered for NAAC accreditations. The university holds an admission cycle every year both in merit and entrance based admission for various UG, PG, diploma and certificate programs.
These programs are offered by its constituent colleges and departments with sprawling rich green environments, dynamic history through North and South campuses. Unlike every year, this year too, most of the students have taken admission to various bachelor and master degree programs in Delhi University. The UG admissions are based on five cut-off lists. The admission to PG level programs is done through entrance and merit/direct mode of admission. Also Read: DU SOL Registration, Form, Last Date, Admission 2021-22
The admission to UG programs started on the 2nd of August 2021 and the last date was on 31st August 2021. At the UG level, the university offers many programs like BA, B Com and MSc in various specializations.
- Cut-off List Schedule for UG Admission
- Release of 1st Cut-Off: 1st of October, 2021 (Friday)
- Application Portal Active: 04-06 Oct 2021
- Release of Second Cut-off: 9th of October, 2021 (Saturday)
- Application portal active: Oct 11-13th, 2021
- Release of third cut-off: 16th October 2021 (Saturday)
- Application Portal active: Oct 18- Oct 21, 2021
- Release of Special Cut-Off by Colleges: 25th Oct (Monday)
- Application portal active: 26-27 Oct 2021
- Release of 4th Cut-Off: 30th of October (Saturday)
- Application Portal Active: 1-2 November 2021
- Release of 5th Cut-Off: 8th of November (Monday)
- Application Portal active: 9-10 Nov 2021
- Release of Special Drive Cut-Off: 13th Nov (Saturday)
- Application portal active: 14-15 Nov 2021
Admission to many programs is still open, as students need to check the official website of Delhi University to stay updated. Under UG admission, the university offers many courses under Commerce, Arts and Science stream through its associated and dedicated colleges, departments and institutions.
|Bachelor of Arts: BA (Honours)|
|BA Geography||BA Persian||BA Economics|
|BA French||BA Urdu||BA Bengali|
|BA German||BA Spanish||BA Italian|
|BA Hindi||BA Punjabi||BA Arabic|
|BA English||BA Sanskrit||BA Hindi Patrakarita|
|BA History||BA Applied Psychology||BA Journalism|
In the BSc degree program, you need to check the offered programs in the science stream before taking admission to the course:
BSc or Bachelor of Science (Honours)
The University offers:
|BSc Electronics||BSc Physics||BSc Polymer Science|
|BSc Botany||BSc Chemistry||BSc Zoology|
|BSc Anthropology||BSc Food Technology||BSc Home Science|
|BSc Mathematics||BSc Biomedical Sciences||BSc Statistics|
|BSc Instrumentation||BSc Computer Science etc||–-|
Bachelor of Arts (Programme): BA (Programme)
- BA (Program)
Bachelor of Commerce
- BCom (Honours)
- BCom (Programme)
BSc or Bachelor of Science Program (BSc Program)
In the BSc UG degree course, you can take admission to these programs at Delhi University. The institution also provides program courses in BSc. Let’s take a look:
|BSc Life Science||BSc Home Science||BSc Applied Physical Science with Industrial Chemistry||BSc Physical Science with Chemistry|
|BSc Applied Life Science||BSc Physical Science with Computer Science||BSc Mathematical Sciences|
UG level Programs based on Entrance Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)- BA (H)
- BA Humanities and Social Science
- BA Communication and Multimedia
- BA Hindustani Music: Percussion (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
- BA Karnatak Music: Vocal/Instrumental
Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
Bachelor of Management, Business Administration and Business Economics
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- BA Business Economics
- BBA in Financial Investment Analysis
Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education
- BSc in Physical Education, Sports and Health
Bachelor of Technology
- B Tech Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation (IT and MI)
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor in Orthotics and Prosthetics
Note: students must check all the details related to the eligibility conditions and minimum requirements for applying to the concerned course. In case, the student fills the application form without checking the minimum requirement for the particular program, his/her candidate may be canceled by the admission council of the university if any false information is found at any later stage.
All the computer-enabled examinations are conducted by the National Testing Agency
Eligibility Criteria for Taking Admission to BA (Honors): Merit-Based Admission Program
Students who want to take admission to UG level programs are required to fulfil both program-specific eligibility and general eligibility criteria for taking admission to the program. Follow these steps to know the minimum eligibility criteria for taking admissions to the UG level:
- Students must have achieved at least 45% in aggregate in their last qualifying examination.
- Merit will be determined or judged on the basis of one language subject and three other academic subjects. The same will be specified in lists A and B of the admission brochure.
- In case you include any other subjects other than included in the List A and B may lead to the dedication of 2.5% marks/subject that will be calculated as best four subjects.
- The student must select one core subject as the specialization in which they want to seek admission. If you fail to do the same, 2.5% marks will be deducted from the total percentage.
Note: For program-specific eligibility criteria, it is required to check the list of eligibility for some specific programs. It is mentioned on the official website of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning.
The University has more than 75 major programs of study at the postgraduate level. The complete information related to admission procedure, fee and other details are mentioned on the university’s PG admission portal.
- For the UG admissions list, you need to visit the official website of Delhi University to stay updated.
- Check the list of programs offered by the University of Delhi.
|MA Arabic||MA Italian Studies||MA Linguistics||MA Philosophy|
|MA English||MA Hindi||MA Russian Studies||MA Applied Science|
|MA Buddhist Studies||MA German Studies||MA Tamil||MA Urdu|
|MA Hispanic Studies||MA Bengali||MA Persian||–|
The admission to the above-mentioned programs is done through both entrance and merit-based.
- Master of Commerce
Mode of Admission: Merit and Entrance based
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Special Education (mental and retardation)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Visual Impairment
Note: The admission to the above-provided course are done through the entrance examination.
Interdisciplinary and Applied Science
- MSc Biochemistry
- MSc Electronics
- MTech Microwave Electronics
- MSc Bio-Physics
Note: The admission to the above-mentioned programs are done through merit and entrance based except Microwave Electronics as it requires entrance examination for the admission process. Also Read: How To Fill DU SOL (School of Open Learning) Examination Form
Mode of admission: Entrance
In Mathematical science, the university provides many PG programs like:
- MSc Computer Science
- MA Mathematics
- MSc Mathematics
- MA Statistics
- MSc Statistics
- MSc/MA Operational Research
Note: Only Operational research specialization requires entrance examination. Admission to all three programs can be done through merit and entrance both.
Music and Fine Arts
- MA Music
- MA Karnataka Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- MA Music (tabla/ pakhawaj/ Percussion)
|MSc Anthropology||MSc Biomedical Sciences||MSc Geology||MSc Food and Nutrition|
|MSc Botany||MSc Chemistry||MSc Environmental Studies||MSc Human Development and Childhood Studies|
|MSc Fabric and Apparel Sciences||MSc Development Communication and Extension||MSc Design Application and Resource Management||MSc Zoology|
- MA Japanese
- MA East Asian Studies
- MA Lifelong Learning and its Extension
- MA Geography
- MA History
- MA Economics
- MA Social Work
- MA Journalism
- MA Sociology
- MA Political Science
- MSc Physiotherapy
- Institute of Law and Cyber Security
- PG Diploma in Cyber Security and Law
Eligibility Criteria for taking Admission to PG Level Course
The first and foremost task at the time of admission should be checking out the eligibility criteria for taking admission to the particular course in which the students want to get admission. Details are mentioned below. Read all the points carefully:
- Students must have passed at least a bachelor degree examination from a reputed or UGC approved university for admission to the program in Delhi University.
- The minimum required percentage is 60% for most of the courses for direct or merit-based admission.
- If you want to take entrance based admission, then it is recommended to check the minimum percentage of marks for the same. Fill the application form and then appear for the entrance examination.
Note: Check whether the online admission portal is active or not. For relaxation, read the official admission prospectus available on the website of the University of Delhi. Read also: List of Short Term Courses Offered by DU COL – Check the Admission Procedure, Eligibility and Other Details
Notices of UG Admission
Students are advised to check the UG Notices section to stay updated as per their program. It will provide various advantages to the students for their specific courses or specialization in which they have taken admission. The notice links include:
- List of Candidates for Sports proficiency marks.
- The tentative schedule of the admission for BSc PE, HE, and S for the admission session 2021-2022.
- Scorecard for UG programs related to DUET 2021.
- Schedule of many UG courses admissions including NCWEB, Entrance Based, ECA, CW and Sports Quota.
- UG merit-based admission: Payment time extension.
Notices of PG Admission
A notice has been released by the Dean (Admissions) regarding PG admissions that the PG portal will be active from 11th to 13th November to update qualifying degree marks/percentages. The notice further said that it’s the last chance for everyone to update their respective marks. No further extension will be granted after this time limit.
Update of Result on the Applicant Dashboard for Post Graduate Courses
The university has already declared the results of all its UG courses and programs. Students who have applied for admission to their desired PG courses must update their results instantly on the student registration portal as soon as possible. It will help them at the time of admission to their desired program. The last update of results on the web portal is December 21. Also Read: How To Check DU SOL (School of Open Learning) Result Online
Note: No students are allowed to visit the university or college for grievances or queries.
Take a Look at Press Release Section
Students are required to check the section of the press release of the university in order to get updated with the recent news and notifications regarding admission. The latest press release is based on these items:
- 3rd Special Drive Cut-off list
- 4th cut-off list 2021 for NCWEB
- Scorecard related to PG courses
- PG Admission List
- DUET 2021 Scores for Ph.D/M.Phil Admission
- Sports Quota Admission 2021
- Entrance based examinations
- Merit-based UG admission schedule
- UG Grievance Redressal
- ECA Admission
This section will provide the latest announcements and notices related to the interest of the students. As per the records of the university, the primary notices are mentioned below:
- 1% concession for women candidates
- Notice regarding applied mathematics
- Notification related to Central Admission Grievance Committee
- Complete schedule related to UG based admission procedure 2021-22 session
- DUET 2021 Admit card link
- Public Notice dated 22/09/2021
- DUET previous year question papers
Other Announcement and Notices
The PG admission portal will be active again for the edit options for the candidates who want to make changes in their application form. The opening date of the portal is 23rd August – 27th August 2021 in order to update/make corrections in the registration form. Also Read: How To Attend Online Classes In DU SOL?
The below-mentioned information can’t be changed in any way:
- Registered Mobile number
- PwBD status
- Sports quota
Students who want to take admission to St. Stephen and JMC (Jesus and Mary College) need to register themselves using the common registration portal of the University of Delhi. Also, they need to complete all the formalities by visiting the homepage of the respective colleges.
Important Dates for P.hD/M.Phil, PG and UG Registration
For PG, PhD, and M.Phil Registration: Monday, July 26, 2021, to August 21, 2021
For UG Registration: 2nd of August, 2021 to August 31st, 2021
DUET Examination Dates
The dates for the DUET examinations are 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 September and 1st of October 2021
Important Deadlines for PG Admission
Registration and Payment of Registration fee for DUET 2021
Start date: 26/07/2021
End date: 21/08/2021
Release of admission list, admission and deposition of admission fee: To be announced soon.
Schedule for M.Phil/Ph.D Admission
Registration and payment of registration charges
Start date: 26th of July, 2021
End Date: August 21st, 2021
For all other procedures like DUET entrance exam, declaration of the test result, meeting of M.Phil committee, meeting of BRS and PhD program work commencement will be announced soon.