The distance education department of Delhi University also provides MA through the School of Open Learning along with UG programs. DU SOL is a UGC approved body that offers many courses in distance mode like UG and PG courses. PG level programs offer MA and M.Com programs in several specializations.
Students who want to take admission to the course can easily register themselves using the official portal of the university. You need to read the eligibility criteria and admission process for DU SOL MA using the official prospectus of the university. The master degree program in arts prepares students for future needs in order for various career prospects.
What is DU SOL Distance Master of Arts?
MA is one of the oldest programs offered by Delhi University. It’s a two-year master degree program offered by the University of Delhi’s School of Open Learning. You need to complete four semesters in two years of a degree course. The program is designed especially for those who want to learn the history and culture of Indian tradition. DU SOL MA helps the students to learn various topics related to human issues with their respective subjects.
Students need to complete four semesters in all in two years of a master degree program in Arts. MA is offered here with many specializations like MA Hindi, MA Political Science, MA Sanskrit, and MA History. The eligibility criteria must be checked before filling the admission form. The university provides an MA program through two different modes:
- Entrance based
- Direct or merit-based
About 50% of seats are reserved for direct or merit-based admission and 50% is for entrance examination mode. Each DU SOL Distance MA specialization has its own eligibility criteria and fee structure. You need to check the reviews and ratings for each course from previous learners and students. The entrance is conducted by NTA for the assessment of the candidates appearing for the entrance examination.
DU SOL MA offers many job opportunities through a centralized placement cell that is popularly known as CPC. If you are in your final year of a degree program, you can easily register yourself for the placement services using the CPC of the university. The programs offered in DU SOL are valid by all means and the program fee is affordable. For more details, read the admission prospectus for PG admission of DU SOL.
DU SOL Distance MA Course Details
The University offers MA programs from highly qualified professionals and academicians. The details are mentioned below:
- Name of the University: School of Open Learning, University of Delhi
- Authorizations: UGC-DEB
- Degree Type: Bachelors
- Full form: Bachelor of Arts
- Duration of the Course: Minimum duration 2 years and the maximum 5.
- Required Age: No Age bar
- Minimum percentage: 50-60%
- Required Qualification: Graduation in any Discipline
- Fee Structure: 15,000 INR
- Average Salary after completing MA: It depends on your skills and specialization
How to Get Admission to DU SOL MA for 2024-2025 Session?
To get admission to the program, you need to register yourself for your desired course at sol.du.ac.in. Step by step procedures are mentioned below:
- Reach the DU SOL PG admission portal.
- Then, hit the New Registration link.
- Now, provide mandatory details like your phone number and email ID.
- Create a password there.
- A confirmation page will appear on your screen. Save the same to log in again.
- Now, use the login credentials that you have got while registration in order to fill an online application form.
- After that, part 1 will open on your screen in which you need to enter all your details. It includes your name, father’s name, mother’s name, DOB, last academic percentage, etc.
- Once you have filled in all the details successfully, hit the Submit tab there.
- Now, hit the Next button, part 2 application page will open which require some basic details regarding your academic career.
- You need to type asking details regarding your last qualifying examination.
- Now, press the submit button.
- After that, hit the next tab.
- Now, a new page will appear on your screen. It requests you to upload mandatory documents. Do the same in the appropriate format.
- After that, hit the submit button there.
- Tap on next.
- Here, you have to pay your course fee with the registration charges.
- In the end, download the confirmation slip there. Learn more.
Documents Needed for DU SOL MA Admission for the Session 2024-2025
There are some documents that you need to upload to the website of DU SOL for getting admission. It is recommended to upload the scanned copy of these documents with care:
- Proof of Age
- Scanned photograph and signature
- Certificate of experience
- Certificate related to education
- Certificate of Category
- Certificate related to BPL category
Is DU SOL Distance MA Good?
DU SOL offers a broad range of programs through online and distance mode. It provides many benefits to the users like good profession and career options. Let’s examine how DU SOL online MA is good or not?
- The institution is approved by UGC-DEB
- The value of the degree provided by DU SOL in distance MA and other courses are valid as per the rules of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- The fees for the MA degree program are very affordable and reasonable.
- DU SOL offers a diverse atmosphere to the students for career and academic goals who take admission to a particular program.
- The institution offers placement services as well.
What is the Fee Structure for the DU SOL MA?
The fee for the Master degree program in arts is 12000 rupees. It may vary from one specialization to another. In case you want to get more information regarding fee structure, then visit the official website of the institution.
One can easily pay the fee either annually or semester wise as it will be very easy for the students to pay the same in various instalments. Apart from the course fee, you need to submit a registration charge of rupees 500/candidate.
The fee can be submitted online using the preferred way of payment. Learn more.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Taking Admission to DU SOL MA in Delhi University?
The minimum and basic eligibility criteria for taking admission to the program is a bachelor degree passed with at least 65% marks for direct admission. In case you want to get admission to DU SOL MA through the entrance examination, the eligibility is 50% marks in any discipline.
DU provides a master degree in two years of minimum duration. For taking admission to DU SOL, you must have secured the minimum required percentage from a UGC approved university. Learn more.
What is the Course Duration for DU SOL MA?
The minimum duration of the MA degree program is two years but for any reason, if you fail to complete the same in the minimum time limit, 3-year relaxation is provided to every candidate that will be 5 years maximum. In order to complete your course, it is recommended to finish at least 4 semesters with assignments and project works.
What are the Subjects/Syllabus Offered by DU SOL in Online MA?
DU SOL provides many subjects and topics in its specializations and these are mandatory to get the degree after final assessment. The subjects may vary from one specialization to another. Students of MA have to read most of the core subjects and topics with some elective topics. You can check the same using the official website of Delhi University.
For instance: if you have selected MA Political Science, then you need to read these subjects:
- First semester: Contemporary Political Theory, Research methodology, Ancient Indian Political Thought etc
- Second Semester: Indian Constitutional System, Political Thinking, Political Sociology etc
- Third semester: Politics in India, International Politics, Public Administration etc
- Fourth Semester: international Relations related to Post-cold war, Indian Administration, State Politics and References to UP. Learn more.
What are the Top Distance MA Colleges in India for DU SOL Alternative?
Many universities offer master degree programs in distance education mode. You can prefer them as DU SOL alternatives. Some of them are described below:
- Annamalai University
- University of Mumbai
- Karnataka State University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University
- Amity University
- Jaipur National University
- Alagappa university
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
Can I Get a Scholarship in DU SOL for MA Course?
Students can also apply for scholarships even in the master degree course in DU SOL. Candidates can avail of the benefits of these scholarships only in the first year of their degree program. It is offered for all the candidates of every department of DU SOL distance education. The scholarships offered in DU SOL are mentioned below:
- Delhi University and All India PG Scholarships: It is applied in the first year of the degree program.
- His Holiness The Pope Scholarship: It can be also applied in the first year of the master degree program.
- Note: students need to fill the form in the first year as it will be void in the second year of the degree course.
Is There Any Difference Between DU SOL Distance and Online MA?
Yes, there is a difference between online and distance education of DU SOL. In online education, you need to complete your course online only as you don’t need to attend weekly classes from the campus. All the course materials can be easily assessed online. On the other hand, in distance education mode, you need to attend your classes on weekends and holidays.
Also Read: How To Attend Online Classes In DU SOL?
What is the Career Scope After Finishing DU SOL Distance MA?
There are many career options after completing the course. You can go for any of the mentioned job opportunities after completing your DU SOL MA:
- Book author
- Business Consultant
- Social Activist
- Assistant in the corporate sector
- Business partner
- Administrative assistant and more