DU SOL B.Com Eligibility for Admission to 2023-24 Session (Released)
Admission to this online program in Delhi University’s School of Open Learning starts in July. The exact dates for registration & application form filling can be obtained from the official website for each new academic session. You will get the update here regarding the commencement date of online admission in DU-SOL for the 2023 batch. Before applying to the B.Com course, you need to know the eligibility criteria to get admission to DU SOL. You can take the reference of the official brochure of the university.
After checking the minimum eligibility criteria, you will get an overview of basic requirements like minimum academic and personal details. If a candidate fails to meet minimum eligibility criteria for DU SOl B.Com admission may lose his seat in DU Distance learning education. So, it is recommended to read all the details regarding your eligibility criteria and it will help you getting admission with ease.
Students need to know more detailed information about DU SOL Distance B Com Program:
- Students who have just completed their 12th board by any recognized board of education can apply for this B Com program.
- The minimum percentage to get admission at DU SOL Distance course is an aggregate of 50% marks or above in their 12th board.
- There is no age limit or gap bar when it comes to applying for DU SOL admissions.
- Note: The DU B Com 2023 eligibility criteria would change that depends upon the category of a candidate belongs to.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria For B Com Program From Delhi Open University (For Indian Students)
If you are an Indian resident and want to get admission to DU SOL, then these details are for you. Read all the steps carefully:
For B.Com General program: You should have at least 40% marks or above in class 12th examinations (for the general candidate), 36% for OBC and at least 38% for PWD candidates. For SC and ST students, the minimum requirement is only passing 12th class examinations.
For B.Com (Hons): If you want to opt, B.Com Hons, then you should have got 55% marks or above in class 12th or 60% marks in a vocational stream in your qualifying examination for general candidates. For OBC candidates, a student should have 49.5% in the class 12th examination. For the vocational stream, the required aggregate percentage is 54%. For PWD candidates, the candidate should have 52.5% or more. Alternatively, 60% or above in your vocational stream.
Course Fee: the course fee for the program B.Com is written below for Indian Students:
For the General B.Com program: the course fee is around 10,000 rupees.
For B.Com (Hons): the course fee is about 14,120 rupees.
Admission Criteria for Foreign Students 2023-24 Session
DU SOL welcomes overseas students too for its admission process offered by the Distance education department of the University.
If you are a foreigner, then you should need basic requirements to get yourself admitted to DU SOL B.Com for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Commerce. Here are the details:
- First of all, the students read the official admission prospectus regarding admission for foreign students on the official website of DU SOL.
- You must have an authorized and valid visa for a minimum of two years to complete your commerce degree. 5% seats are allotted for the first year for each course in colleges of Delhi University.
- Foreign students who want to seek admission to the DU SOL B.Com program need to register themselves with FSR or the Foreign Student Registry as there is no provision to provide admission directly to foreign students.
Note: The students of these foreign students are processed by the International Division of Delhi University SOL after confirming the admission of these students.
Educational Qualification: A foreign student needs to have completed a pre-university exam (after two years of ten years of vast schooling) or any recognized university. If you are a UK resident, then you need to pass the general certificate of education examination.
The fee structure is also different from Indian nationals. So, you need to visit the official website of DU SOL to get details regarding the fee structure.
DU SOL Admission Important Dates
Every student who wants to get admission to the DU SOL B.Com course should know important dates. It will help you stay updated:
Online admission in Delhi University’s School of Open Learning has been closed for the last batch and the admission for the next batch will begin shortly. You will get the update here regarding the commencement date of online admission in DU-SOL for the 2023 batch.
DU SOL Sample Certificate
Earn a UGC & AICTE, NAAC A++ -recognised degree from DU SOL
- Learn from the best faculty and industry experts.
- Become a part of the DU SOL Alumni network.
- Build job-ready skills to get ready for the workforce.
Who is Eligible for School of Open Learning Admissions?
- 10+2 from a recognized Education Board
- A minimum of 45-50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Basic Knowledge of the English language.
- Graduation from a recognized university.
- At least 45-50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Must have studied the English language at 10+2 or graduation level.
Note: For some courses, the university might conduct an entrance exam & the eligibility will also depend on the scores of that exam.
DU SOL Admissions FAQ
A candidate must have completed the class 12th examination from a recognized board of education with 40% (for B.Com General) and 55% for B.Com (Hons).
Yes, the degree provided by DU SOL is valid by all means. It is valid like regular university courses.
You need to visit the official webpage of DU SOL and register yourself for DU Online admissions.
Any candidate who have completed class 12th examinations from a recognized university with at least 55% marks, can easily apply for the DU SOL B.Com course.